By using Map My Emissions, users accept the following requirements:
To use Map My Emissions services and tools, no account registration is required. We are happy to spread the word about travel emissions and how to reduce them without requiring an account.
Content on Map My Emissions
Unless otherwise indicated (such as Maps data), all content, images, and digital media that appears on the site is owned solely by Map My Emissions and protected under current copyright laws. Map My Emissions does everything possible to prevent infringement of copyrighted material, but if it occurs unintentionally, users are asked to report it immediately for correction.
Map My Emissions reserves all rights, including the fact that all intellectual rights are reserved for all content, and users may not access or use content without expressed written permission, or in any way that is not implicit.
In particular, but not limited to, the copying, downloading, sharing (beyond what is allowed in these terms), modification, translation, transformation, production, transmission, sale, licensing, editing, transferring or assigning to third parties, or creation of derivative works from any of the content on Map My Emissions.
All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from 8billiontrees.com/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms of service.
You must not:
- Republish material from Map My Emissions
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Map My Emissions
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Map My Emissions
- Redistribute content from Map My Emissions (unless content is specifically made for redistribution, such as personal social media sharing).
Content Provided by Users, Reviews, Reports
Map My Emissions loves to share content provided by users and partners and wants as many people to share results as possible. When submitting content or other reviews, reports, or any other media, users agree to submit only original, personally owned content, and are able to prove ownership. Users also agree that any content provided to Map My Emissions transfers the non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, post and process the content by Map My Emissions. To the extent allowed by law, users waive rights to content provided, and acknowledge and agree that it is subject to the same provisions as all other content on Map My Emissions.
Map My Emissions retains the right to reject any content deemed unacceptable, unusable or otherwise unneeded. The user retains the right to request content provided be removed from the site.
Access to External Resources
Map My Emissions publishes links to external resources, but has no control over those resources, and is not responsible for their content or accessibility.
Map My Emissions and its website and platform accounts are authorized for use within the scope of normal use, and what is detailed in these terms, under applicable laws.
Map My Emissions reserves the right to take appropriate actions, including notification to legal authorities, against users who violate these terms, or who are deemed to have:
- Violated laws, Regulations, or Terms
- Infringed on Third Party Use
- Damaged Map My Emissions Interests
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Users may comment on some parts of the website. Map My Emissions is not be responsible or liable for the Comments made. These comments, made by anyone, do not reflect the opinions of Map My Emissions, nor are we liable for any damages, real or imagined, produced by them.
- Map My Emissions reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms of Service.
- You are able to legally post comments on Map My Emissions’ website.
- Your comments do not violate the rights of other individuals or entities, including copyright and other illegal infringements.
- You will not make comments that are libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful, or that violate the privacy of others.
- Your comments do not solicitate or advocate illegal behavior or activity.
- You grant to Map My Emissions a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit your comments.
Hyperlinking to Our Content
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval, Government agencies, Search engines, News organizations.
These organizations may link to our pages and Web site information so long as the link is not misleading, doesn’t falsely imply endorsement or approval.
If you are not listed in the three approved sources, you can contact us for link approval. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site for reference.
No use of Map My Emissions logo or other artwork is allowed.
Users may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques to modify the appearance of our Web site.
No links to Map My Emissions may be placed on content or websites that include illegal, obscene, or offensive materials. Map My Emissions is not liable for such links.
Reservation of Rights
Map My Emissions may request the removal of all links or any particular link to our website, and you agree to immediately remove them upon request. By linking to Map My Emissions’ Web site, you agree to comply with these linking terms of service.
Removal of Links From Our Website
Map My Emissions agrees to consider the removal of any link on our website, upon request. We do not certify that all information is always correct, complete or accurate. Map My Emissions continually works to make sure all information is accurate and correct and updated.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- Prevent liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Prevent liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Reduce any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Map My Emissions offers links to products offered by other sites. The terms and conditions of sale for those products are solely under the purview of the seller and Map My Emissions is not responsible for any terms and conditions of sale from a third party seller.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees blameless concerning factors impacting the use of the site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Map My Emissions is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, only. Use Map My Emissions at your own risk. Any advice or information obtained by a user from Map My Emissions is not guaranteed to be accurate, reliable or correct, or that the site will meet Users’ requirements, including functioning at a time or location, free of defects or errors, without viruses or harmful components. All downloads are performed at the users own risk.
Map My Emissions does not endorse, guarantee, or have responsibility for any product or service by a third party, or any hyperlinked site. We will not monitor or be involved in any contact between the user and a third party.
These Terms are governed by the law of the place where Map My Emissions is located.